Sunday, March 28, 2010

Kitty Kat Kaelyn Turned 8!!!


Happy 8th Birthday Kaelyn!

Kaelyn's birthday was on March 12th (I am just a bit late in blogging about it). We had lots of fun celebrating. For the 2nd year in a row Darcie took birthday treats into Kaelyn's classroom at the end of the day. Unfortunately being a teacher puts a damper on visiting my own kids' classrooms. It's a lot more fun for them with Aunt Darcie anyway:-) She took the kids to Burger King until I got off work. Kaelyn had a friend come home from school with her for a slumber party. I have not allowed her to have sleep overs until now. I figure if I let her do everything at a young age then what will she be wanting to do at 12? So for now, she can have friends spend the night here ... after a few more birthdays we'll see about her sleeping over at a friends house:-) I took the girls ice skating at Polar Ice and they actually did a really good job skating around. Kaelyn chose to go to IHOP in the morning for breakfast.

Kaelyn (Kitty Kat),
What a blessed mommy I am to have such a special daughter! There are many things that I love about you but, my favorite thing is your heart for people. I LOVE to watch you with your brothers, your daddy, your grampy, your grammy, your aunties, your uncles, your cousins and your friends! You have a special way of making other people feel SO special. You have such a gentle spirit but at the same time you are without a doubt a natural leader. I watch you play with your friends and I listen to you talk on the phone and can hardly believe how wise you are at the age of 8! You carry on long conversations with your grandparents and aunts and uncles. They are always amazed by your ability to have such deep conversations. You have always made it a point to form special relationships with each family member. You keep in touch with our extended family by phone, email, and to my surprise , you are even google chatting with your uncle Ben in Indiana!! It is so important to you to be close with your relatives and I love that about you!!

You are a great big sister to Zack! I am proud to the point of tears at the tender way that you take care of him and look out for him. I was watching you guys through my bedroom window one day. You, 3 of your friends, and Zack were playing duck-duck-goose. I watched several rounds of the game and Zack was not getting picked to be the "goose". You noticed this immediately and every single time you got picked you picked your brother. As I type this, the memory brings tears to my eyes because you are just THAT SWEET! When you get invited to a friends house, you always ask if Zack can come too. You truly want him to do everything with you. I know as Zane grows bigger and bigger you will be just as sweet to him!

I am amazed that you already have the gift of listening to the Holy Spirit. Many times you have come home from school or play and told me that you "didn't think that Jesus would want me to do that". One time you told me that some girls were "sexy dancing" at school and you "didn't think Jesus would want me to do that". Then you asked me what "sexy" meant. I was so proud of you because even though you didn't even know what "sexy" meant, you listened to the Still Small Voice inside of you. You weren't sure WHY you shouldn't do it... you just responded to the feeling inside of you! If only everyone could be like you!!

Mommy and daddy could have never imagined how much you would change our lives! When you were born 8 years ago EVERYTHING changed. You have challenged us to be better people for the simple fact that you deserve it! You were such a good baby and you always wanted to be held. As you grow you are becoming more and more independent which is both exciting and scary. Exciting because you are so much fun to watch grow into the person that God created you to be. Scary because the last 8 years have flown by and you are not a baby who depends on us anymore! I know that as you grow up you will always make good choices.

Thank you for coming into our lives and changing us forever! You are our only daughter and hold a special place in our hearts yesterday, today, and forever! I pray that you will always make God a priority in your life and your heart for others will grow and grow. I look forward to what the future has in store for your life.

Love,
Mommy
Some facts/faves about Kaelyn:
*Color - orange
*Song - So What
*Best Friend - Emma
*Hobby - play outside
*TV Show - Fan Boy and Chum Chum
*Likes to play Club Penguin
*Likes to talk on the phone
*Plays soccer
*Loves her family
*Loves her teacher
*Loves school
*Loves drawing
*Loves to write stories
*Has written many books
*SUPER smart
*SUPER kind
*Loves playing with brothers
**LOVES TO PULL FACES (amazing how such a pretty girl can look so so .... well, ugly I guess)
*Nicknames: Kitty Kat, Smelly (because you smell so GOOD), Smelly-Jelly-Belly, Dootie, KaelyBee, Sissy, Dit, and Sissy Sissy Sue, I love you!