Saturday, March 20, 2010

Beth Moore: Good Stuff!!

Beth Moore is my absolute favorite Bible study teacher! I have taken several of her in depth Bible studies at church and they have absolutely changed my live. I was looking through my old Breaking Free study guide and felt compelled to type some of the things that really spoke to me when I was taking the study and also as I look back through my notes today:

1. Christ was like a root out of dry ground so we could be a planting of the Lord.
2. Christ's beauty was veiled so ours could be revealed.
3. Christ was despised and rejected so we could be FAVORED and ACCEPTED.
4. Christ became a man of sorrows so we could become people of gladness.
5. Christ was oppressed and imprisoned so we could be released from prison.
6. Christ was crushed by our iniquities so we could become His righteouness.
7. Christ suffered so that God could be satisfied and we couuld be saved. This is the GOOD NEWS preached to the poor!
8. Christ remained silent so we could proclaim His great salvation.

EQUATIONS THAT TOTAL LIBERTY

* Environmental influences + experiential influences = My personal truth
* My Truth + 0 = Imcompletion
* My Truth + Satan's lies = captivity
* God's truth > My Truth
* My Truth + God's Truth = FREEDOM

How can we know this awesome God??
1. Through the study of God's word!
2. Through the lifestyle practice of prayer!

** Fill in the blanks with your name:-)

My child, _____, I loved you before you were born. I knit you in your mother's womb and knew what your first and last words would be. I knew every difficulty you, ___________, would face. I suffered each one with you. Even the ones you didn't suffer with Me. I had a plan for your life before you were born. The plan has not changed, _________, no matter what has happened or what you have done. You see, I already knew all things concerning you before I formed you. I would never allow any hurt to come into your life that I could not use for eternity, _________. Will you let Me? Your truth is incomplete unless you view it against the backdrop of My Truth. Your story, ___________, will forever remain incomplete ... until you let Me do what only I can do with your hurt. Let Me perfect that which concerns you.

I remain,

Your Faithful Father