Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Mother's Day Mama!
You are the best mother on Earth! Here are some pictures that I took over the last couple weeks. Love you!!
In AZ Cinco de Mayo is a big deal as anyone would figure out quickly if they lived here. In my class we had a Cinco de Mayo fiesta which concluded our Mexico unit. I tried to dress the part but ended up looking more like a Hawaiian tourist than a Mexican Senorita. I must say, my little girls were mesmerized by my flower. They kept staring at me and commenting on how they wished they had a flower in their hair. I am fully aware that most adults would agree the flower was tacky, but it was a big hit with my first graders:-)
Kaelyn wanted to dress up too .. this is a picture of us in the morning before school:-) Notice Zacky sneaking into our picture.
We wanted a "girls only" picture and ended up hurting Zacky's feelings.
Here's Zack and I after he got done sobbing because we left him out of the previous picture. Such a sensitive young man Zack is:-) You can still see the tears of rejection on his poor little face.
Kaelyn trying to comfort Zacky too.
I could not resist! He will probably HATE me for this in a few years!!
Zack couldn't find any of his PJ's so he decided to borrow some from sister. Here's the evidence! I was CRACKING up when I took in this sight!!
The kids went to a birthday party at Lowes yesterday. They built a time capsule, planted flowers, and took a tour of the store. They had a great time. Here's Zacky working on his time capsule .. he did not dig the goggles one bit. His face was all red and sweaty and the goggles made huge indentions on his face.

Kaelyn working on her time capsule.
The little angels planting their flowers.
This is what we spent our morning making at the Harris household. My class is studying Ancient Egypt. To end the unit we will mummify the kids (wrap them in toilet paper) and they will decorate these masks to wear. They will lay around in our tomb (classroom) while the other classes take a tour. The kids are really excited. This was a big project for us!! Our fingers are aching from holding down the button on the spray paint.