Sunday, December 21, 2008

Graduation

(Scroll to the bottom of the page for more graduation pictures.)

I finally graduated this Friday...It was such an awesome day!! I posted the pictures that were taken with my camera but I will be getting more pictures that were taken on other cameras soon.

This week has been so amazing! On Wednesday Mike TOTALLY surprised me by flying my sister Jill into town. I seriously had no idea that she was coming for my graduation! Mike told me that we were having one of his co-workers over for dinner but he had been plotting with Jill the whole time. At about 5pm there was a knock at the door and my kids were looking out the window. Kaelyn said, "It looks like Aunt Jill" to which I responded, "no, I'm sure it's just the neighbor". When Zack looked out the window and said, "no, it's Aunt Jill!!" Still, I had absolutely no clue!! When I finally opened the door there she was ... in full glory --- Ahhhhh! I quickly called Darcie and told her the great news and she immediately rushed over to hang out with us. The 3 of us stayed up really late participating in some sisterly bonding time:-) SO FUN!

On Thursday Jill, Zack, and I met Kaelyn at school for lunch. It was so cute .. we ran into Kaelyn's teacher in the hallway and she told us that Kaelyn was on "cloud 9" because Jill was in town. She said that she had been "glowing" all day long. We ate lunch together and then Jill and I ran a few errands/shopping. Darcie rushed back over to my house after she got off work and the 3 of us got to hang out again.

On Friday we all went to my graduation and then out to lunch at Sweet Tomato. Graduation was great and I was so blessed to have lots of friends and family there to share the experience with me.

Darcie and Brian had us over for dinner that night. Brian is a master cook and prepared some delicious soup for us. Thanks guys!! We had another late night of "sister time". We stayed at Darcie's til about 2 am just chatting away!

On Saturday Jill, Mike, and I all went to our gym and worked out together. Jill and I decided that we were going to have a "Biggest Looser" challenge. We both love the show and have a few pounds to loose so we figured that we'd try to help each other out. After the gym we went to Michaels and got some materials to make ornaments for our Christmas tree. After that, we went to church and then to Caramba's (the restaurant we go to EVERY week after church). Jill and I stayed up late chatting and doing laundry.

Today ... Kaelyn and I dropped Jill off at the airport. Sniff Sniff