Monday, October 13, 2008

Thunderbird Mountain Hike

Yesterday we hiked Thunderbird Mountain. The kids did famously! I was so proud of them because it was a pretty long hike. It took us about 2 hours but we were stopping regularly to throw rocks, draw maps in the dirt, and examine anything else we came across. We had a great time together.


While we were hiking a sweet lady offered to take our picture. I was happy because we got one of all 4 of us.
Kaelyn led the way most of the trip. She was really into it!

Zacky and I were usually in the back taking our time. Zack was full of adventure ideas and we had to act them out as we hiked the trail. For example, ducking down low so that the "thorns didn't get us" and hopping over the rattle snakes ... you get the idea. I'm sure that the other hikers probably thought we were insane, but Zacky enjoyed bossing me around.

Kaelyn stopped to take a rest.



At the end of the trail the kids stopped to run through the tunnels.


Zacky throwing rocks.


Zacky drawing a map in the dirt "do we don't get lost".


My babies and I.

Kaelyn and I

Mike and Zack