Sunday, October 12, 2008

Quick Update!

This week FLEW by! I can't believe it's Sunday already. On Monday Mike got to have "Daddy-Bro" day with Zack. They always have fun together on Mondays. Kaelyn is excited for tomorrow because we are all off for Columbus Day. She officially declared it "Daddy-Bro-Doodie Day". I'm not sure how I fit into the equation, maybe I'll just be forced to go get a pedi .... all alone ... nice!

Zacky woke up sick today. We told him that he could not go to church because we didn't want him to get the other kids sick too. He cried for a long time because he wanted to go so badly. Mike was up at about 5am getting ready to go mountain bike riding, then had to change plans to go road bike riding instead so that he could be home in time for Kaelyn and I go go to church at 945am. Mike and I have been attending the Saturday night church service so that I can teach on Sundays at 945. Kaelyn is now in my class. It's fun having her in class but she tends to get a bit jealous of the other kids getting some of my attention. She has told me that "it feels like they think you are their mommy" and "why did you ask that girl to be your helper and not me" ... I have to constantly explain to her that I have to love all the kids and give everyone an opportunity to help.

Yesterday Marlon took the kids to the AZ State Fair. I wish I would have sent my camera with him! Apparently they were VERY lucky with the carnival games. They both came home with three stuffed animals!! They are great shots with the squirt guns I guess. We are SO blessed to have family that loves our kids so much! Thanks Marlon for surprising them with the fair yesterday. I got the opportunity to go through their rooms and clear out old art work and toys they don't play with anymore. It's funny how they WILL NOT let me get rid of toys that they never play with, but if I clear it out while they are gone they don't even miss it.

Here are some random pictures....

This is Zacky on "Daddy-Bro" day ...

Both of them ...
Here's a picture of Zacky this morning ... he's sick! I quite possibly am the only mother that would make her kid smile for a picture when they are sick .... sorry Zacky!


Mike before he left for his bike ride. He likes to ride about 30 miles on Sunday mornings -- FOR FUN!!!! (I wish that was my idea of fun.)