Thursday, July 23, 2009

ITS A BOY!

We went to the doctors office last Monday to find out whether the baby was a boy or a girl. The ultra sound tech greeted us by saying "so you are here to see if the baby will cooperate"? To which I promptly responded, "oh, the baby WILL cooperate". With all the anticipation, "not cooperating" was not an option for this little baby! Within a few seconds, she confirmed that we were having another baby boy. Mike was a quite proud of the fact that she was able to determine so quickly and with such ease that it was in fact a little guy. After leaving our appointment, he commented on how quickly she was able to find "it". Ha ha ha! He is such a BOY! And the best Daddy!

The fact that this little baby is going to be a boy is literally a dream come true for me. As a little girl, I always thought I would have three children AND I always imagined 2 little boys and 1 little girl. I think its pretty darn awesome that my reality lined up with what my childhood dreams were for my family. Now, I can't say that I could have ever imagined how stinkin cute my kids would turn out or how amazing my hubby would be ... but all I can do is thank God for blessing me with my wonderful hubby and amazing kiddos!

I have flashed forwarded a couple times to several years in the future and imagined having 3 big male athletes (Mike, Zack, & Baby) in the house. All I know is that Kaelyn and I will probably have to make a weekly pedi appointments together:-) Both "little" boys measuring in at 6ft. 3in. or above, just like their daddy. Lots of football games (players and cheerleader) and lots of good times! I am anxiously awaiting!!