Saturday, February 21, 2009

The $.99 Store

Okay, I just had my first experience in the $.99 store. My kids and I were running around gathering up lots and lots of stuff for $.99 .. I was really shocked by the deals. Before we stopped at the $.99 store, we stopped at Teaching Stuff ... we got Kaelyn the SAME exact math flash cards at the $.99 store that we saw at Teaching Stuff for $6.99. I'm not quite sure I understand what is going on .. can someone please explain to me why I have never been encouraged to stop in to see what the $.99 store had to offer? I spent a total of $26 and came home with much more than $26 worth of satisfaction:-)

My "teacher-friend" recommended stopping in regularly to purchase stuff for the classroom. They had a whole isle designated for teaching/office type stuff. Just to name a few things .. I got a calculator, 3 sets of flash cards, a 5 pack of toothbrushes, the kids picked out a few goodies, white-out, 20 packs of pens, 48-pack of crayons, several VERY cute Easter decorations, Easter egg dye that came with little jewels to stick on the eggs (I have never seen that before!), an umbrella, color books, a few snacks, etc. I have to tell Mike about the i-pod accessory isle. I'm pretty sure he will be excited about it:-)

I don't know why I have never gone to the $.99 store! I think I found a new best friend:-)

I did think one thing was kinda weird tho ... Okay, there are $1 stores and there are $.99 stores, right?? The one I went to today was the $.99 store over on 67th/Union Hills ... my only question to them would be .. Why are you called the $.99 store when everything rings up for $1.00??? Why not just be called the $1.00 store like everyone else?? I'm not complaining, I was just confused .. ha ha ha! I mean they did kinda trick me ... you know making me think I was going to pay $.99 when in reality I had to pay a full $1 for my little treasures.