Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Student Teaching

I finally found out that I will be student teaching at Sky View Elementary, in a 4th grade classroom! The wait is finally over! Here's the school's website:

http://portal.peoriaud.k12.az.us/sites/SkyViewEL/default.aspx

My mentor teacher is a guy, I'm not sure if that will be a good thing or a bad thing, I'm believing GOOD!! At least the wait is over!! I was a little nervous after watching that show on T.V., Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader! As soon as ASU called me today I ran to the computer to research the school. While I was checking on the school I came across a quiz titled "Are you Smarter than a 4th Grader". I am VERY pleased to say ... drum roll please ... I passed the test! I feel much better now! No but seriously, it is crazy how much we forget in our old age. These little guys have to learn A LOT and I hope that I can make that process fun for them!!

Bye - eeee!